Join the GAFP
Georgia Chapter Member Benefits
Regular Opportunities for Continuing Medical Education (CME)-Always Reduced for members!
- The Georgia Chapter produces many CME opportunities annually for members throughout the state.
- The November Annual Scientific Assembly routinely offers 25-30 credits of CME, November 7-10, 2013
- The Summer CME Conference routinely offers at least 15-20 credits of CME in a fun and relaxing setting with family-oriented activities, June 13-16, 2013, Sawgrass Marriott - Ponte Vedra, FL
- Other CME opportunities in the Georgia Chapter include free online CME and local educational events throughout the state.
- Through the AAFP and GAFP, self-study, web-based and live courses for Board prep
Public Health Resources
- GAFP provides the means to effect meaningful change that directly affects your practice and your patients through legislative lobbying power
- Our state PAC (Political Action Committee) is the political arm of the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians working to support candidates who support family medicine.
- Our web site has up-to-date information on state and national legislation as well as information on Medicare and Medicaid.
- Weekly blast faxes on important legislation during the state legislative session (January - March).
- Annual Advocacy Day at the Capitol.
- The Georgia Chapter provides you with a wealth of resources designed especially for the family physician. You can find information on local public health programs such as WIC, state health alerts, and vaccine information.
Members Only Services
- Simply Stated is published monthly and contains all the important information regarding the GAFP as well as health care issues that affect your practice.
- Our website contains all the up to date information regarding CME meetings, resident and student information, GA Healthy Family Alliance News, and legislation
Career Preparation Tip and Resources
- A variety of practice management and financial resources at your fingertips
- Discounted subscription to the Prescriber's Newsletter
- Free subscription to the American Family Physician print, online and mobile app options
- Group healthcare purchasing programs
Additional Resources for members:
- Employment Trends
- AAFP CareerLink
- Fellowship Opportunities
- State Career Link
- Leadership Development (for you and your clinical team)
- Support to Medical Students with Interest in Family Medicine
- Support of Family Medicine Residency Programs
- Business Solutions-Annual CME educational track for practice administrators and ongoing discussion with state payers.
Back to top
- PMCH University
- Voice of Georgia family medicine with payers
- National CME-Go! Diabetes
- Join AAFP