By Sarah Bigorowski, Director of Education
The deadline to submit abstracts for GAFP’s Annual Research Poster Presentation competition is Wednesday, October 12. The presentations will take place during GAFP’s ‘Annual Family Medicine CME Weekend’ on Thursday, November 10 and Friday, November 11 at the Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, which is located at 200 Interstate North Parkway East Southeast.
GAFP’s research poster presentation competition rules and guidelines:
– Every GAFP member (students, residents, and active physicians) and pre-medical students (including those from AHEC programs) are eligible.
– Submissions can address research results, case reports, summer projects, or educational projects.
– Posters can address any topic that is related to family medicine.
– Submissions must address original and completed work that has not been published or presented at a regional or national meeting.
– Concurrent (2022) submissions to other conferences like the North American Primary Care Research Group (NAPCRG) or the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) are encouraged.
– Medical student projects that have been presented at medical schools or during student “research days” will be accepted.
GAFP will contact the winners by email no later than Tuesday, November 1, and the winners will be asked to make a 15-minute CME presentation on their submission during GAFP’s annual meeting in Atlanta on the morning of Friday, November 11.
The best poster awards will include:
– Pre-Med Students (one $500 award)
– Medical Students (one $500 award)
– Residents (one $500 award)
– Practicing Physician/Fellow (one recognition award)
Note that if there are multiple presenters for a winning poster, they will share the award equally.
The winning posters will be published in a GAFP publication.
Click here to submit an abstract.