Nominations are now open for the Georgia Healthy Family Alliance (GHFA) – the Georgia Academy’s Foundation –Family Medicine Resident Board position for 2023. The deadline for nominations is Friday, December 9.
Background on Position
GHFA has one position for one new resident board member for a two-year term beginning in 2023.
Current Resident Trustee is Alexandria Poitier, M.D. of Morehouse Family Medicine Residency Program and she will continue to serve for another year. Dr. Poitier can be reached via email at email@example.com if you have questions.
The new Resident Board Member will serve as an Alliance Trustee and act as a liaison for their peers regarding GHFA projects including…
– The Community Health Grant Program – A program that awards grants annually to member affiliated projects addressing health care needs in communities throughout Georgia.
– Urgent Needs Grants – A grant program developed due to CVID but has continued to assist member-identified community members in dire need.
– Tar Wars – A tobacco and vaping education program presented to more than 50,000 fourth and fifth graders in Georgia this year alone!
– Your Giving is Great Medicine Capital Campaign to raise $4 million to support our ongoing projects and expand our community-related activities, including GA Gives Day where we ask students and residents to donate online (November 2023).
2023 GHFA Board Meetings
– Friday, June 9 – Wild Dunes Resort, SC
– Saturday, August 12 – Brasstown Valley Resort in Young Harris
– Friday, November 10 – Hotel Avalon Marriott in Alpharetta (in conjunction with GAFP’s annual CME meeting)
We ask that all Trustees make a financial donation to our foundation. We understand a Resident is just at the beginning of your career, so any amount meaningful to you is appreciated and you will be recognized as a donor at GAFP meetings and on the GHFA website.
The GHFA Board of Trustees will select one candidate from those nominated for this position. Travel stipends will be given to the resident GHFA Trustees to support some of their expense to travel to GHFA Board meetings and are outlined below.
– Transportation: Airfare or car mileage (IRS rate) to and from meeting hotel ; and
– Comp registration to GAFP Summer and GAFP Annual Meeting
– Two night’s accommodation at GAFP hotel block room rate (for Summer meeting in Wild Dunes)
– One night’s accommodation at GAFP hotel block room rate (for August Conclave)
– One night’s accommodation at GAFP hotel block room rate (for GAFP Annual Meeting)
Please note, incidentals, including wireless, parking, or meals (other than those served during GAFP functions at no charge) are at your own expense.
If you are interested in being nominated – please complete the form below and e-mail it to Kara Sinkule (firstname.lastname@example.org) Nominations are due December 9 and the Alliance Board of Trustees will vote on all nominees to select one nominee. To learn more about GHFA visit www.georgiahealthyfamilyalliance.org.